Apr 28, 2009

brown rice & carrot (colored) juice

I am making up some brown rice on the stove, to later put into my grilled wrap for dinns. Going Hotshots style (and Chelsea's recommendations), I am going to stuff a whole wheat wrap with brown rice, spinach, peppers, and mozzarella cheese... YUM! And maybe a side of tofu for protein. 

It's nearly half past 12 and I am still sitting in my pajamas...I have the condo to myself while Lex is in Tofino, but my parents will be arriving Thursday night-Sunday afternoon, so I just have the place all to myself until then. I am planning on the leaving the house today: walk to the gym and workout, and then walk to Safeway to get groceries for dinns, and then home. However, it is a gross day out today compared to the past couple days, so it doesn't really inspire me to get my butt outside. 

I have good news about a job, but until I am on the schedule and have my first shift, I'll keep my mouth (and words) quiet about details. 

I spent the entire day outside yesterday: I first walked straight uphill to Mt. Tolmie (same route that Chels and I did the night before), and went to finish my book in the sun. It was a bit chillier than expected and my left contact decided to bust in half ... so after I finished my book (I didn't have all that much left), I hit the road and walked back home. I put in a new contact and made a yummy summer salad with loads of yummy ingredients like craisins, sunflower seeds, and a hard boiled egg. All topped off with a pesto dressing. Then, I spent the rest of the afternoon on my deck chatting on the phone. It was lovely. 

Lex, her mom, and I went to dinner to the restaurant 'glo'. It is in a super pretty location, and the food was great! I was having a lovely evening sipping tea until I had to deal with a gossip queen who can't manage to stay out of my business. There comes a time where you get your own life, where you should simply lead your OWN life, and stop the highschool 'we all know everything about each other' gossip. Anyways, that was minor and I got over it, and curled up on the futon to watch the Hills.

Okay, I best check on that rice! 
Hope some of you have sun today!
xx

1 comment:

past stories.

tweet tweet twitters

    follow me on Twitter