Sep 7, 2009

summer's end.

Wow, where to begin? I haven't blogged in a bit! This last weekend of summer has been a whirlwind! Dale arrived back to Victoria last Sunday night. It's so nice to have him back! Anyways, we headed down to Seattle on Tuesday morning (it just worked out nicely, I had about 4.5 days off in a row!). We took the clipper (and got a good package deal for hotels, too), and arrived in Seattle around 2:30. Spent the afternoon poking around, and then getting ready for an early dinner. We headed across the street from our hotel (the Paramount) and when to Ruth's Chris for dinns. It's always good there: the steak is wonderful (and the orange mojitos: to die for!), then off to the Safeco Stadium for the Mariners vs. Angels ball game. It was cool to be in a big stadium again (I haven't been to a game since New York! gasp!). On Wednesday, Dale and I strolled down to the Pike Place Market in search for breakfast; we stumbled across a cute cafe which had a huge menu of breakfasts and fresh squeezed fruit juices! It was delish. Then we spent the rest of the afternoon/evening shopping downtown Seattle. Nordstrom and h&m were big hits in our books. We had a scrumptious feast at an Italian restaurant called Tulio. I had the best (fresh!) tomato soup ever and smoked salmon ravioli. Dale's dish was nummers, too. Thursday: we had another big breaky to tide us over, and did a bit more shopping at UO and Nike Town, and basically that's it! We had to head back to the Clipper! When we arrived home in Victoria, we went over to my condo to see my family, and Carli and Jacey were there! So we had appys and drinks, and loads of laughs. My parents left the next morning after we got James into res, and got text books. I was sad to see them go! It was so nice having them around (the place seems empty without them!). So, I've just spent my weekend working, hanging out, and seeing my favorites! Tomorrow is a full day orientation up at the school! ah! I can't believe it's back to school time already. These past four and a half months have just flown by. I'm really going to miss the hot summer days. I have a feeling this is going to be a good year though! It's off to a good start :) good luck to all of you heading back to school tomorrow!
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

past stories.

tweet tweet twitters

    follow me on Twitter