Apr 11, 2010

updates: you may get bored reading this...so just a warning.

Okey, I better write you all (who even knows if anyone really reads this thing) an update on how things are going back in the 'brook. I arrived home on Thursday night. My flight over to Van was quick (and I slept the whole way due to lack of sleep the night before). I waited around the airport for a bit, saw a couple familiar faces (and this includes workers! I feel like I'm in that airport a lot). The ride home to Cranbrook was unpleasant. First, I was in the emergency exit, and it smelled like stinky feet the whole way. Second, I was absolutely freezing! I asked for a blanket, and got the reply "Sorry, we don't have any pillows or blankets on this plane" ... um, did I ask for a pillow? So then the flight attendant offered to ask the captain to turn up the heat (I think she ended up forgetting). But, I was not prepared for Cranny's weather: I had no jacket on, just a small blazer, and I was wearing flip flops. Anyways, the ride was pretty good, minus the last 5 minutes (the longest minutes of my life) in which I thought I was going to die. I honestly started thinking about LIFE and the movie "Alive" (they eat each other's bums to survive). So yeah, we were falling through the air for the last bit there, and I had to close my eyes so I didn't look out the window/see the plane falling. So I was pretty happy to get off that flight, but it was snowing...so that didn't make up for it either.

Thursday evening, I just had sushi with my mom and company.

Friday: I got up early to do some planning for my teacher (didn't get much accomplished). At 1:15 I went to KCA to meet my teacher and class! My teacher is super, super friendly. It was just the grade 1 kidlets there, and they all stared at me with wide eyes, and then said "Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii". Anyways, they were out of the class for a bit, while my teacher and I talked about a few things. Then, I stuck around for their P.E. class. That was actually nice because I got to know some of the cues that they take during instruction.

Friday afternoon: I didn't do much! Friday evening, we had more company for dinner, and then Chels and I hung out afterwards. We hit up Tim Horton's for a hot chocolate, and I won a DONUT. Imagine that.

Saturday: I slept in a bit, and then started planning lessons for PE. I met up with Jenny around noon to talk about some practicum things, and then I checked out the library for some books: I came out unsuccessful. For the rest of the afternoon/evening, I worked on lesson plans, and got a gym pass. My GOD. World's gym is so god damn expensive: I bought my monthly pass for 103 bucks, and I'll actually only be here for 3 weeks! But, I do need a pass, and that gym has been my gym since grade 10, so I did it. Saturday evening, my parents had some friends over, and I caught up with the ladies of the group. I am going with my mom next week to "Mum's the word", it's a comedy show all about motherhood. Yup, All my mom's friends are going, and I...without any children am being dragged along too. Hopefully it's just funny, and not jokes that I don't get! haha. Oh, then after! I went to hang out with Nicole at BP, and we saw lots of familiar faces. It is nice to be back for 3 weeks, and get to spread out my time of hanging with people!

Today: Went to Mt. Baker and my dad helped me do a whole bunch of printing and photocopying! It was awesome. Then I hit up the Dollarama for some alphabet stickers, and back to the library. This time, I was successful and found M is for Moose, which is perfect for my Canada/Poetry lesson. This afternoon, I have just been working on preparing my M is for Moose lesson. It's taken a bit of time because of all the maple leaves I have to cut up and stick letters to! I am supposed to meet up with Jenny soon to work on some intro posters for our classes. I wanted to hit up the gym too, but I don't know how that is going to go seeing as it is nearly 4:30, and I have lots to do!

Tomorrow is Practicum: Day 01.
Wish me luck!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

past stories.

tweet tweet twitters

    follow me on Twitter