Apr 9, 2009

april, aglow.

I am in Vancouver for a few days. I needed to get off the island, and let my mind think of other things besides school, and getting a job. Today my mom found a posting for a job at Chapters (ommmmgmgggmgmgmg), so I have been trying to apply online, but no success yet. I have contacted the customer service about their site issues, so hopefully they will get back to me soon. Anyways, updates!

On Monday, Lauren arrived and we spent a lovely afternoon outdoors on the deck, soaking up the sun. For dinns we made a scrumptious pasta salad, and strawberry smoothies for dessert. We watched the hills season 5 premiere (soooo good!!), and then I studied for my interview and exam. Early to bed, because I was up early to prep for my polisci exam. The exam went alright, but I didn't get my top choices to write on ... so I felt I maybe didn't have enough to say? I went home to get ready for my interview and practice a couple times! I was super nervous, but it went really well. The interviewers were super friendly, and said that I presented myself well, was friendly (as well), and that I seemed very knowledgeable from all of my experience (which I thought I lacked). So YAY for getting those two things over with on Tuesday! I went back home to join Lauren for a snack at Starbucks, and then back to my deck for awhile. Jo-anne joined us, but then I had to leave to go do a photoshoot! Dale and I got out pics taken by Lex for a project she was doing: Engagement photos! It was a pretty fun afternoon. Back home again to meet up with Lauren and Jo-anne, and to get ready for dinns. Chels joined us, and we bussed downtown to Earl's. Dinner was delicious as usual. Lauren, Chels, and I then bussed back home. I was super tired and hit the hay, knowing I'd have to wake up super early again to pack and get ready for Van.

I was up at 7 a.m. to pack, and eat breaky. I bussed downtown at 9 with a cup of tea in hand. It started out to be a beautiful day. I stopped at the bank, and then walked to meet Carli. We bussed to the ferry, got onto the ferry, and some girl told us to tag our bags. So had some trouble with that...but got it worked out. Our ferry was running 15 minutes behind, so when we bussed to Ladner Exchange, we missed our transfer. So we had to wait an hour in the freezing wind for the next bus! bleh. So another bus to the skytrain, skytrained a couple stops, then another bus up the street awhile, and FINALLY a few blocks of walking to reach my gramma's house. For a grand total of 7 hours travel time! SHIT. 

Anyways, last night we just had pizza and watched Twilight. Carli and I fell in love with Edward all over again, and the whole concept of passionate love. 

Today ... still in my p.j.'s at 1:00 p.m. ... catching up on msgs and stuff, and I'll get ready soon! Carli and I may venture downtown to Robson this afternoon and buy ourselves a pressie :)

love love.
xx

2 comments:

  1. HEY LOVER BEST FRIEND

    download the new metric.
    summer theme songs.
    yes?

    loveeeee.

    ReplyDelete

past stories.

tweet tweet twitters

    follow me on Twitter