Aug 25, 2009

wine & dine.

Back from a wonderful extra-long weekend in the Okanagan. I had the most amazing time! My family and I woke up super early on Friday morning (5:20 a.m. to be exact) to get ready, and drive out to Sydney to catch the 7:00 o'clock ferry. I fell asleep somewhere in between here and there (the ferry). I woke up in the smelly town of Chilliwack, and we stopped for breaky and a tea at Starbucks. I started my book, Perfect Match by Jodi Picoult (which by the way, I finished yesterday, and it was a great read), and we arrived in Osoyoos around 3:00 in the afternoon. We went to the condo to shower and have a little drink, and then headed to my aunt's for the Hawaiian BBQ. It was really fun: we ate loads, drank palm bays, and danced to the Spice Girls. The night started early, and ended early. So, Saturday ... up early to attend the Scavenger Hunt that my cousins organized for 10:00. It was really fun, and my team (my dad, Cindy, and Dea) ended up collecting the most things/getting to the most destinations, and so we won round 1. We all met up at Hayne's Point for a picnic lunch by the water. After some yummies, we headed back to the condo to change into our bathing suits and then back to the pool for a little sun time. The five cousins headed to the Sailing Club around 5:00 to set up for my aunt's retirement dinner. The table settings were super cute, drinks were delish (I was most pleased with the maraschino cherries), and the food was scrumptious. We had some trivia later, and our team won round 2! Winner, winner, chicken dinner! After clean-up, Alli, Dea, and I went back to the condo to drink and then head out to the Sage for dancing and more drinking. Carli and Jacey met us there, and it was so much funnnn! Completed the night with half a hot dog, and a quick taxi ride home. Sunday was more of a lazy day, and we spent most of the afternoon doing a little wine tour around Osoyoos and Oliver... the wineries were absolutely gorgeous! Sunday night was spent back at the condo with everyone, chowing down on pizza and left over cake. Yesterday (Monday), up early to pack up, and say goodbyes to my faaamily. My family and I headed out to Kelowna to have lunch and shop a bit, and then James and I were jet set home to Victoria.

Now today, it's back to work for (at least) 5 days in a row. Back to school in two weeks! ah!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

past stories.

tweet tweet twitters

    follow me on Twitter