Mar 30, 2008

whirlwinds

Wow, it has been 11 days since I last posted a blog...I never go that long without one! Anyways, since I last wrote, I have been busy as ever with my Dad's visit, going to Nanaimo, and just have Dale here.

My Dad, Carli, and, I left to Nanaimo around 11:30 on Good Friday. When we were on the Malahat, we hit a huge snow storm, and it was freezing, but we did manage to get out and take a few pictures. I have not seen snow since December. Anyways we were in Nanaimo around 1, then we had a visit with my uncle for a bit. Cindy was at work, so I decided to go for a run. I came back and Carli and I had a photo shoot in my uncle's back yard. It was freezing out, but so much fun because they have lots of cool things we could set scenes up with. That night we had a feast of steak, potatoes and vegetables. After dinner we sat around drinking wine, and then watched some tv and ate ice cream out of little cups.
The next day we woke up to a big brunch, then hit the road for a walk around old Nanaimo. We actually spent about 3 hours walking.. everything is in walking distance from where they live, so we went down to the water, around to different sights, for coffee, and a bit more walking and photo taking. Our uncle cooked us salmon that night (mmmmhm!), and we drank more wine. Then we watched a foreign movie called "My Life as a Dog", it was pretty good. We also ate apple crumble (another mhmm!).
The next morning was Easter Sunday, my uncle cooked us blueberry pancakes, and we had an Easter egg hunt around the house, and in the yard! It was pretty fun, and nice of the Easter bunny to drop on by. haha. We then headed back to Victoria, and stopped at another relatives for a quick visit and to drop off someone.
My Dad and I dropped off Carli, and then we went to take a look at the condo we were interested in. It was super nice, but sadly, probably a no.
We came back up to campus, and it was pouring rain, so my poor Dad had to pack up all my home things, and got soaking wet. Then we went and ate some lunch, and then he left.

Dale arrived on Monday afternoon, and I can't believe it's Sunday evening already! Time always goes by so fast when I'm with him.
On Monday we just hung out, and it was gorgeous out, so we walked to Safeway to pick up some dinner, then walked back. Tuesday we went for a run, played tennis, and went down to rent some movies and get subway. On Wednesday, I had class, but Dale come with me to my Nutrition class. Wednesday night we met up with Kayla and went over to Felicita's for beer and nachos. On Thursday, I had classes all day, and exams, so Dale just hung out. That night we went out for dinns at Earls. It was delicious as usual. We then came home and watched movies. On Friday we headed downtown to shop for a bit, then got some dinner, and headed to the early show to see 21. It is definitely my new favorite movie. Everyone should see it! Plus, it made me love Vegas all over again, and miss it. On Saturday, we spent the afternoon with one of Dale's friends of his family's. We got to go out towards the ferries to see Al's boat, then went back to their amazing house. It took all my energy from going totally ga-ga over the place. Not only was the house beautiful, the yard/pool/beach/PARK was all amazing, and all theirs. We had dinner with Al and his wife, Sharon. Afterwards we drank tea, and watched the hockey game. Then Dale and I got dropped off by Al. Today we were going to climb Mt. Tolmie, but since the weather was a bit sketchy, we just walked down to return the movies, grab some groceries, and get lunch at subway. Then we just hung out til Dale had to leave.

I am doing okay, but lonely. The only thing really keeping me happy is knowing I am going home in three weeks. I can't believe that this year is almost over, it has flown by! Well, especially this semester! jeepers. I am excited to get home and start working. I talked to my mom about flying down to see Dale for his birthday. So, hopefully I will see him in about a month and a half. Gosh, that is still quite awhile away. I hope it goes by fast. I think it will.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

past stories.

tweet tweet twitters

    follow me on Twitter