Jul 15, 2008

lover's lullaby

I love July. I really really do! I just got back from three days in Calgary with my boy. We left really early Friday morning to hit the road. As soon as we got into town we stopped at Chinook Centre and did a bit of shopping and looking. After that, we drove to Dale's brother's place. We showered and got ready and went out for drinks and appys somewhere on 17th. I drank many mai tai's .. they were delicious and sweet and before I knew it, I was drunk. We had to leave around 6 to head over to the Saddledome to pick up our concert tickets. We walked around and around looking for the place where our tickets were waiting. But as we were walking around, we got to see Kid Rock sitting with Rev Run outside their trailer. Then we headed inside and grabbed some water (which was triple expensive and some ice cream). The concert was really fun, and had a good crowd and feel to it: minus the pot smokers. Anyways, the highlights of the concert were Kid Rock and Rev Run doing their thing together, and Kid Rock singing Pictures. After the concert we walked back down 17th to Ric's Bar and Grill (right under Dave's place) for hydration and more drinks.

The next day we slept in super later, went into downtown Calgary for lunch and a bit of shopping around that area. We taxied over to Market Mall for more browsing and purchasing. We taxied back towards downtown Calgary in hopes to do a return, but then everything was closed, so we just walked back to Dave's. That night Dale and I had a late dinner at the Keg, and then called it an early-ish night. Dave arrived back home around 1130 and then we ended up just going to bed.

Monday was a bit of a more early morning, followed by us being disappointed. We went to a few stores in search of specific things and none of the stores had what we wanted. Then we tried to find our way to Ikea (we made it, just took us a bit!), and I was disappointed again when they didn't have the bedspread I wanted in Queen size. Neither of us had eaten yet and by this time it was around 2:00, so we drove out, heading home, and finally stopped in Nanton at the 'hidden' Subway. With food in our bellies, we drove and drove and stopped for gas and candy .. and then were home just after six.

It was a good weekend.

Today I had another day off, so I woke up, went to the gym, went to the superstore. Then I came home and ate lunch and my Mom and I prepared chili for tonight's dinner. Afterwards, I'm heading out with Tash and Chels for drinks. Hip hip. OH! and soon Dale and I are going to play tennis in the sun.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

past stories.

tweet tweet twitters

    follow me on Twitter