Oct 23, 2008

color me wonderful.

Long time, no write. It's been quite some time since I've written a blog! This is my favorite time in Victoria. The sun is still shining, and warm, the leaves are beautiful bright reds and oranges, and everything just seems cozy.

Being back home for Thanksgiving was wonderful. It was a really short trip, but worth it. I spent most of my time with my family, and international sister, Kristina. She's charming. I got to see my besties on the Saturday night.. and that was amazing as always (I miss them terribly). My mom and dad cooked up a great big Thanksgiving feast for just the five of us. We had the Taylor's over for dessert and games... which I sort of didn't participate in... because the game, "Things"...well you would just have to see how bad I am! We spent the weekend shopping, visiting, touring Fort Steele, and taking walks. It was just what I needed. In fact, I miss it more than anything. I've been really homesick as of late, and can't wait to get home again for reading break. It's in two weeks. horray.

My Mom was here Tuesday afternoon until Wednesday evening. That really helped. She cooked for me and lex (and a couple other special ones), bought us so many groceries, and came up to campus with me. We also went downtown for a bit...I was in need of some new runners and shopping time with my momsie.

I finally had my last midterm from round one today. It was History...and I think I did poorly on the multiple choice (as usual), but the essay seemed to go alright... so I'm hoping that will boost my mark. Otherwise, I am doomed. Dale and I went to the gym after classes and did a ton of cardio and abs.

Now, I'm home.. working on my next project: my History paper. I'm writing it on Pearl Harbor...but I have to do a lot of investigating to find primary sources. Our prof doesn't want a research paper...but a real in depth look at how the media portrayed the event to the American and Canadian population.

I'm going through some personal stuff right now, which makes me miss home even more. Things were so much easier there.

xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment

past stories.

tweet tweet twitters

    follow me on Twitter