Dec 26, 2008

snowy boxing day.

Merry Christmas, and Happy Boxing Day!

Updates:
My fam and I left on the 23rd to drive to Vancouver. The roads were pretty decent except for around Manning Park. We had to help a fellow and his family out, and call a tow truck from a gas station 30 miles down the road from them. Other than that, the drive was pretty boring and long...but we made it! That night we had dinner with my gramma and Aunt, and then later the cousins arrived and we went to Wal-Mart and looking at Christmas lights.

Christmas Eve: My family and I went over to my Chinese Grandparent's house. We had lunch with them and my Uncle. Afterwards we just hung out and watched the Iron Chef. For dinner, we were back to my Gramma's to have roast beef. We did our Secret Santa exchange between the 5 cousins and then watched a bit of a movie.

Christmas Day: We were all up early at my Gramma's to open presents. There was like 13 of us, so it was a pretty crowded house!! At 11 we were off to my Aunt's to do Christmas with the Chinese side of the family. We had a huge brunch, it was delish. We hung out there for the afternoon, and then headed back to my Gramma's to finish preparing Christmas dinner. The cousins and boyfriends also decorated some gingerbread houses. We had 19 people over for dinner last night. All the food was absolutely delicious! We drank a lot, ate a lot, and had a good time. Carli and I helped do most of the dishes, and then did shots of eggnog and rum. We played a secret santa game with all of us ... it was super fun! I ended up with some more alcohol: gin.

Today James and I are heading to the mall (braving the boxing day sales eeps) for something to do. Tonight we have Boxing Day dinner with the Chinese side of the family. Tomorrow we are doing some more shopping, and then off to White Rock for the night. We are making our way home through the states to shop (of course!), and then will hopefully be home on the 28th or 29th.

xxxo

1 comment:

past stories.

tweet tweet twitters

    follow me on Twitter