Mar 13, 2009

friday night lights.

I've had a wonderful afternoon with my one of my bests, Chels. We went up Mount Doug, and it was fantastic. The walk up increased my heart rate, and we tried out a bunch of different paths to get to the top. We encountered four deer and a dead end, so decided to find the road and just follow it up the rest of the way. The view up there is pretty amazing, you can see all around you ... and I'm just sad it took me a year and a half to get there! My favorite views are always those of the ocean ... because when you are near the ocean, smell it, see it, or whatever, I just feel closer to Vancouver (a city in which gives me most comfort). I love it! Anyways, we trekked back down, and hit up Starbucks for some lattes before calling it a day!





I don't have any set plans for tonight ... so we will just see where the night takes me! But I think I may be going to Dale's to make him my mom's recipe of "Thai Chicken Pizza". It is so delish. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.  I also really need to type up some captions and info for my pictures for my project, but it's really such a bore going to tacky websites to find what I want, and the pictures are poor quality. bleh! I guess I'll keep searching. 

One week until I see my Nanaimo bestie! I am excited for the plans that we've made  (mostly her creations, but still!). And as always, to see my Aunt and Uncle ... they always cook the best meals, and they are just so wonderful to be around :)

I wish the sun would come back out to play. As long as the rain/snow stays away. My mom and brother are off to hot, sunny Cancun tomorrow night. They are going to be there for 2 (incrediiible) weeks. I am beyond jealous! I want to get back into the heat, work on my tan, and read til my heart's content! Oh well, they will have a marvelous time, and I get to see my dad!

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

past stories.

tweet tweet twitters

    follow me on Twitter