Mar 22, 2009

good things.

Sunday night, weekend over ... but it was a goody. 

Friday -- My dad and I started off the day with looking at 2 places: one I had seen before (and had practically started to call it mine, and one on Quadra and Mackenzie. 
We went to see the one on Quadra, and it was a let down. I didn't like the location anyways, but it was pretty dirty, cold, and terribly set up. When we went back to the Mackenzie one, we noticed a listing for a one bedroom, so we decided to check it out too. 
The one bedroom was gorgy and peeerfect. We really really wanted to put an offer on it, but because it was a one bedroom we held off (we are looking for a two bedroom). So we sadly let it go. And we decided that the two bedroom was too priiiicey and needed way too many renos. So, we just left our minds to rest for a bit, and then headed home to pack (for Nanaimo) and then went to Safeway to get some lunch foods and picked up Dale. It was sunny out so we decided to go up Mt. Doug. So, the three of us trekked up Mt. Doug and ate lunch up top. It was a great day, until the clouds rolled in! We headed back down, and it started to pour rain on us. brrr.
We dropped Dale off, and then my Dad and I headed out to Nanaimo. 


lunch time :)

winnndy up top
the boys
... and the rain started ...

me and my looover

We got into Nanaimo around 5, grabbed some Chinese food with my Uncle, and then I got ready and walked down to where Lauren works: Damsels. I checked out the shop while she finished up her last hour of work. We went back to her place to change and such, and then headed downtown to the Modern Cafe for drinks. The drinks were yum, and Lauren ate some din dins. We ran into a little bump when some Romeo (Romeo, where art thou Romeo?) scared the living daylights out of us. Early to bed that night ...

Saturday -- woke up pretty early ... but was really lazy getting ready. I ate some toast while I watched Grey's Anatomy (it was sooo good this week!), and then my Dad, Uncle, and I took a stroll downtown and around. I got a latte at a little cafe (cute, but too pricey), and then stopped to say hello again to Lauren. We then did a little loop back up to my Uncle's place to grab the car and then go get groceries for dinns. My uncle stocked up on daily stuff, and my Dad and I got quesadilla stuff. We went back to drop my Uncle off (he had to go up island for a retirement thing), and then my Dad and I drove out to Parksville for a walk on the (windy) beach. 

afternoons in Nanaimo
beaaach!

We headed back for some downtime, and then got cooking for supper. Dinner was delicious. Then, we headed out to Lauren's. My Dad visited for a short time with Lauren's maj, and then he headed out to see some more family friends. Lauren and I got drinking and movie making (some embarrassing moments on facebook resulted from that), and just had some great girly time. I was so lucky to be able to spend so much time with my bestie this weekend :) 

And then we come to Sunday ... I slept in today and woke up to my Uncle and Aunt arriving home. We had a little lunch with them, and then my Uncle helped me with my last EDCI project (I am actually pretty stoked on it!), then I stole (well asked to steal) some magazines so I could get some new recipes. I really wanna get into cooking, but I really need a bbq!! I really like all that grilling and charring stuff of summertime. YUMM. Then, my Dad and I were back to Victoria with plans to watch Dale's hockey game, and then my Dad was going to head back to Nanaimo (plans keep changing!). We ended up looking at a place today (could be a keeper) -- needs fixing, but there is some beauty potential. Then, we jetted up to catch the last period of Dale's game (they lost, and are now out of the playoffs). Back to Dale's to cook up another mean stirfry with my pops for Dale. 

little Nanaimo neighborhood
homeward bound

Now, I am home and tired, and really excited for school tomorrow (who gets excited? -- but Mondays are the new Fridays haha). My faj is staying until tomorrow or Tuesday :)
Okay, sorry about the long, boring entry. bah.

Sleep tight all.
xx

1 comment:

  1. c'est moi, beyonce...

    i am so glad we got an entire weekend together... i'm sorry movie making didn't go as planned... apparently, i don't know my own cheap-ness when it comes to alcohol.

    i had such a good time though, i hope you did too!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

past stories.

tweet tweet twitters

    follow me on Twitter