Jun 16, 2008

goodies

Last night my Mom, Lex, and Ginny arrived home from Victoria. I was working so they stopped into DQ and Lex showed me pictures of our new place. Wow, it's even more incredible than the website pictures. I am so excited to start buying things to fill the space, and of course to move in. I will probably go down to Victoria to move in all my stuff around the beginning of August. That way, Lex and I can get settled in together. Then, I'll come back home for a few weeks before returning for school.
My Mom also brought home a present for me from my Uncle. It's a complete collection of e.e. cummings poems from 1904-1962. I was so excited that I told my Mom I was going to devour it instantly. I brought it out to the lake with me last night, and got a chance to read some poems this afternoon in the sun.
Dale and I headed out to his place after I got off work. We made a fire (which took two or three tries to finally get it to go), make chicken wings, and ate s'mores. We slept over, and woke up late this morning. I threw together some fruit and yogurt for our breaky. Dale watched golf inside while I started to soak up some rays and look up classes I want to take in September. Dale decided he was still starving, so he drove back into town to grab us some lunch. I stayed out on the dock and tanned. We stayed out at the lake until around 430, and then came back into town.
We had our Father's Day Dinner tonight. It was delicious. We had salmon, potatoes, grilled veggies, and shrimp.
Also, I received 4 out of 5 of my items I purchased online a couple weeks ago. I am very excited to have some new clothing. I am hoping the fifth item arrives tomorrow!
I work all day tomorrow, and then have Wednesday off. I am already getting tired of working. It's just that it's the same thing over and over each day. Everyday is exactly the same as the last and it's quite a bore at times. Don't get me wrong, I do love working there...but I guess now that summer is kicking in, I'd rather just be outside all the time.
Tonight I mostly just hung out around home, but then Dale and I went to K.O. to play frisbee. Any skills that I acquired while he was here a few weeks ago are now gone. It's as if I had not played frisbee in years! haha.

Anyways, Gilmore Girls is calling me.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

past stories.

tweet tweet twitters

    follow me on Twitter