Jun 30, 2008

pretty, please.

June is over. I find it overwhelming that I have already spent more than two months at home, and that I have less than two months to go. On the bright side, summer has finally started, and we are finally experiencing some hot weather.

As usual, work is work. There are good days and bad ones. At the beginning of last week, I was in a foul mood for the most part. However, my last three shifts of the week were all positive and I really enjoyed the people I was working with. However, we have no air conditioning behind the counter, and I find the heat irritating, and makes my mood alter. When you are standing doing drive-thru at that window in the blazing sun, right next to the grill, there is no way to escape the heat. We have one tiny fan that is more annoying than anything, and wearing black uniforms sure doesn't help. I wish we could wear bermuda shorts or SOMETHING, because one day I will melt and be gone.

Besides work, I have been spending majority of my time with my boy. We are finally able to have a normal relationship and are done with long distance. Am I ever grateful for that. Dale and I spent the afternoon at the lake yesterday and soaked up many rays. Dale is a bit sunburnt on his back (despite my efforts to apply sunscreen to it!!), and I'm a bit blotchy. BUT! we now have glows. Yesterday evening was a neighborhood bbq at the Aleem's. I had quite the good time minus my continuing melting.

Dale and I spent the night at the lake, and then this morning we had a late brunch then heading back into town. I cleaned in the afternoon, and had a bit of a visit with Chels. Then, I came home to figure out my schedule for next year. The classes and times are so limited that it made me extremely frustrated (and I usually LOVE making my schedule!!). Then, I went over for a quick hello to Lauren. They are moving tomorrow, so both Lauren and Sharon were busy cleaning the house.

I am hoping to make it to the movies with Dale, but he is golfing right now.. so I'm not sure when he'll be done his game.

Tomorrow I work at 11 (as usual), but before then, I am going to help the Malone's pack up their things.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

past stories.

tweet tweet twitters

    follow me on Twitter