Feb 26, 2009

get tangled up in me.

So, for my reading break...I did absolutely NO reading. I spent 8 wonderful days in Hawaii with my boyfriend. 

We flew out on the morning of the 13th, make that the afternoon. A mixture of Dale's bad luck with Air Canada, and Friday the 13th, our first flight to van was delayed so much that we were unsure if we were going to make it for our Maui flight. We ended up getting an earlier flight, but our bags were still on the later flight. So we went through customs and all that stuff, and had to wait to get our bags to transfer them over to the U.S. side. We were really crunching out time. By the time we got our bags, and headed to our gate, we walked right onto the plane. The flight was good, I watched Nights in Rodanthe, and read my book. We arrived in Maui around 930, but ended up waiting for quite some time for the shuttle. I slept on and off to the hotel, and we got to the hotel around 11:00. I was sick, and dead tired, so I passed out pretty quick.

The next day was Valentine's day. We spent some time on the beach, and then went to Whaler's Village to shop. But, I started to feel queasy, so we went back to the hotel...The flu hit be at 5:30, and I stayed in bed for the rest of the evening. Dale had Valentine's dinner alone; he ordered a gourmet meal from Room Service. I can't even really remember the 15th, besides going to Bubba Gumps for dinner. That was pretty fun! We toured our Lahaina after dinns, and checked out some of the shops. 

My birthday was a great day. I was feeling a bit better, so we went down for a late breaky, and then to the ocean. It wasn't all that sunny out though, so we headed back to the hotel to laze around and then get ready. We went into Lahaina to shop more, and check out the Banyan Tree. It was really cool! The afternoon turned out to be beautiful, with the sun shining and heat. We got to watch out first sunset from Front Street, cause we missed the first two sunsets. It was magnificent. Afterwards, we headed to dinner at Ruth's Chris steakhouse. I was really craving a specific meal after not eating for 3 days. I ordered steak, mashed potatoes, and caesar salad. It was the best. We drank mai tai's and red wine. I was SO stuffed halfway through my meal, that I made Dale polish it off for me. However, Dale insisted that we had to have dessert on my birthday, so we went to Cold Stone for ice cream. yum!

The 17th...what stands out...is the Luau that we went to! It was awesome. There was tons of performances, dancing, singing, and fire throwing going on. The food was amazing, and we were lucky to sit by a sweet family. 

The next day that stands out for me was the 18th I think. Dale and I went on an atv adventure up the mountains, and we had some amazing views from the top. We were told that we would get really dirty, so we had to wear this gross clothing...but we didn't even end up getting dirty! I was disappointed! haha. 

On the 20th, Dale and I went on a submarine. It was incredible. The water was the most amazing color that you can imagine. We went down 130 feet, and got to see some cool fish. They had sunk a ship about a year ago to make a man-made reef. 

Our last day was perfect. We got up early to hit the gym, then went for breakfast at Tropica at our hotel. It didn't look like that great of a day, so we went to Whaler's village to get some bracelets, and look around for the last time. Then, we did end up going out to the beach...it was perfect! We spent about 3 hours out there, swimming, tanning, and reading. We were body surfing, and I got thrown around quite a bit! I was tumbling under the water, getting sand in my bathing suit and salt in my mouth. I flashed a few people too. I got a few wounds from being washed up onto shore. But, it was super fun. We then headed to Ono's for one last meal, and watched a bit of the hockey game. Then, we headed to the hot tub, and to watch out last sunset. We had to go shower in the hospitality room after, and then went back to watch more of the game and have one last tropical drink. 

The traveling home was pretty quick, but tiring and depressing. The highlight though, is that we got first class on the way home! So dale and I set up our beds, and slept most of the way. 

What an amazing trip. We had a lovely time.
I miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

past stories.

tweet tweet twitters

    follow me on Twitter