May 3, 2009

may day

Weekends end. I have had a jam-packed, busy weekend with my parents! They arrived Thursday night and we ate sushi for dinns while we watched Survivor (yes, my parents still keep up with that series). Friday, we headed over to the place to meet our realtor, and get the keys! The place had been cleaned (thank the lord) because the previous owner had hired professional cleaners. However, we still needed to clean the walls, the windows, bleach EVERYTHING, sweep, vacuum, remove the wallpaper in the bathroom, and put down plastic to get ready for painting in July. So all day Friday was cleaning day, and we finally wrapped it up around 7, got Thai takeout, and rested back at Richmond Gate. Saturday: cleaned a bit more, my parents friend arrived, and so did my aunt and uncle. The girls left to go shopping (pick out paint samples, Superstore, and Home Sense), while the boys stayed to strip wall paper and dust. After all that shopping I was tuckered, but we headed to a friends to drink wine and ordered pizza in. I left with my aunt and uncle, they dropped me off and I had some alone time to shower and catch up on messages. Today was mostly a day for shopping. But, before that, my maj and I tried out 3 paints that we picked out (living/dining room, kitchen cabinets, kitchen walls). Then, my mom, her friend, and I went to Mayfair to peek a bit through the stores. I managed to find a super cute top and pair of sandals from the Gap (on sale, of course!). So, I am happy with my new purchases. After that we headed back to get my faj, and my parents had to pack up quickly before leaving for their flight home!

It was such a great weekend! I enjoyed every minute of it with my parents. I can't wait until Thursday! Home to Cranbrook for friends time, and more family time for my dad's grad :)

love to all.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

past stories.

tweet tweet twitters

    follow me on Twitter