Jul 28, 2009

heat wave

Still loving the heat wave. It was a blissful cooker out today! I ran downtown to do some errands (picked something up from work I forgot, bought bus passes for August, and paid the July bills), and I tried to go early, but didn't make it until 10:30...and it was already boiling! Anyways, then came home, and once again James and I went to the beach. I am determined to make the most of my summer (and free time), and get to the beach as much as possible. I can't remember the last summer I had this much freedom to hit up the beach numerous times a week. Anyways, I am quite deep into my book (around page 300), and it's getting juicy. I think Jodi Picoult could be one of my favourite authors. Once we came home I whipped up a cold (and alcoholic) beverage for myself: I took one of my Palm Bays, ice, and frozen strawberries and blended it all up...delish! It's 7:00 now, and I haven't started dinner because I feel like it's way to hot to cook/eat. But my stomach is calling, so I think I'll throw some chicken into some marinade and chop up some veggies for salad, and probably make corn on the cob again! The Bachelorette was SOO good last night, and while Ed wasn't my first choice (OMG Kipton and REEIIIID!), I still thought it was all cute. Chels and I had sushi (absolutely divine), and I made mojitos (refreshing!). Tonight is After the Final Rose Ceremony, and we'll see if they are still together. Tomorrow, I've got another day off, which means probably another repeat of today.

Enjoy (every bit of) this heat!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

past stories.

tweet tweet twitters

    follow me on Twitter