May 20, 2009

ten thousand nights of thunder.

I hardly blog anymore: what's going on?! Well, I have been so busy, and have had such a great/interesting/discovering/frustrating/tiring week. It's been a mix of new job terror and life thoughts. It's been a great week though. Work is going well, and I think I am getting the hang of it? I had an awesome May Long Weekend (two days off!): My friend Brian and I played tourists in our own towns. On Saturday we visited the wax museum and went to lunch at Floyd's (yummmy!), and then got the 5 o'clock ferry to the mainland. We visited the beach (gorgeous at sunset) while his mom cooked us up some yummies. Back for dinns, and then out for drinks with two of Brian's friends. Sunday: we went up to the Capilano Suspension Bridge (gah! my fear of heights), and toured around the area. It was great, and the sun was shining heavily. For the last bit of the afternoon, we went to the beach to have lunch...and then back to the island I went. 

The Capilano Suspension Bridge.
GAh!
Brian is obviously completely at ease! ha

Now I am working 7 days in a row (and could be more, depending on the schedule)...but I need the hours! The shifts are pretty short (like 5 hours on average)...so it's not like I'm working overtime. But, since I am new and learning and enjoy it...it's a pretty good deal.

Tomorrow I'm going to hit up the gym for the 10:15 class, then go to Thrifty's to get more bus tickets, then I have some sign homework, then I've got a bank meeting at 3:00 (which is supposed to take an hour, but I doubt it! LAME!), then work at 5:00!


No comments:

Post a Comment

past stories.

tweet tweet twitters

    follow me on Twitter